The internet at my house has seriously been sucking all day. Every time I try to post this it stops working and I’m losing my mind!! Anyway, it’s Friday, you know what that means! Joining Jen….
- I have a new cold. This one is in my head and stuffing up my ears. M and I have been trading being sick allllllll Winter. It’s getting old. I don’t think it is because we have a kid, other than a year of no sleep weakening our immune systems because Max hasn’t been sick nearly as much as we have.
- I had the most unbelievably long stressful day at work Wednesday and for the first time ever I missed Max’s bedtime because I got home so late. Our normal routine is M tries to get home in time for bath time, I start dinner, M gets Max into his PJs (which is really not fun because he doesn’t ever want to put them on) and then I nurse him, read stories and put him to bed. I was sad to miss it! And then I had to pump again since no nursing which I hate. My awesome husband who never EVER cooks (his idea of cooking is heating a frozen pizza) made spaghetti with clam sauce for dinner from scratch. SHOCKING. He made quite a mess but it was good and very appreciated.
- We got Max a toy truck because he is obsessed with transportation (little boys obsessed with trucks- a cliché for a reason!).
Unfortunately he can’t drive it because the dump truck part doesn’t stay closed so it just tips when he tries to drive it. He keeps handing it to me to drive for him. Instead I ordered this little beauty from Amazon, which is a classic (Fisher Price School Bus).
No tipping. Tippy truck will be returning to Target.
4. In our quest to find a truck we also got this little number- he LOVES pushing it around.
Unfortunately we have only limited space for him to push it so it’s fairly intensive for the adult supervising to help him get turned around when he runs into a wall or the gate but he loves it.
5. It’s fairly common to have slightly more or stronger muscle on your dominant side because you use it more. I am discovering that “mommy arm” is actually the opposite—I carry my 22 pound baby on my left all the time so I can do things with my right hand and am building all kinds of muscles on the left. This is one of the reasons when Tracy Anderson (whose workout video I do occasionally) says “never lift more than 3 pounds” I laugh—my kid, groceries, laundry etc all weigh considerably more than 3 pounds Tracy!
6. M and I never ever call each other by our actual names, other than when talking about each other to someone else- we have a whole bunch of random nicknames for each other. But it is so strange to be called by our “real” names by each other that it is a shock to the ears.
7. I haven’t watched the last episode of Downton Abbey yet. I know what’s going to happen and I’m not sure I can take it. The whole reason I like that show is it is fluffy—killing people off is wrenching and no fun.